Much like car covers, a high quality custom fitted truck cover can protect your pick up truck from a whole cluster of nasty insults to your truck’s body. Even if you park your truck in a garage and give it regular washes and polishes, your finish can soon diminish and your truck quickly show its age without the added benefit of using a truck cover. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages of owning a truck cover and what you need to look for when considering purchasing a high quality product.
When you choose your truck cover, you will soon discover that even just one manufacturer can make several assorted covers for the same truck model. Simple covers offer partial protection from the elements while first-rate truck covers offer far-reaching protection.
– The following are some of the key features found in a high quality truck cover:
– Provides protection from harmful and penetrating rays of the sun.
– Resists moisture, including rain, snow, sleet, hail, and ice.
– Diverts airborne rubbish and/or small impacts on the truck’s body including dings, scratches, and unsightly marks.
– Limits the ability of pollution, dust, and dirt from marring your finish.
– Completely withstands bird excrement, tree sap, bug nesting, feral cats, etc.
– Keeps the prying eyes of strangers away from your truck who can rub up against your finish and/or look inside your truck to see what they can steal from it.
The highest quality truck covers generally come equipped with mirror pockets to give your truck a truly snug fit. Most covers are made of 1 to 4 layers of durable polypropylene [a thermoplastic polymer that is highly resistant to acid and chemical solvents]; so the more layers you have means superior protection for your truck from each of the listed hazards.
Garaged pick up trucks, while not subject to the same hazards as one always left outside, are still vulnerable to seeing its finish marred by indoor pollution and dust. Many motorists, in the interest of preserving their finish will garage their trucks and then cover them over with a truck cover to ensure maximum protection.
Prices for truck covers vary, however you can save yourself some cash by purchasing one through a wholesaler who gets their supply directly from the manufacturer. You avoid third party markups and if you shop via an online retailer, you can avoid additional mark ups in price and in some cases get your cover shipped to you for free.
More often than not, your truck cover will come with a warranty. You can expect your high quality truck cover to provide great protection for a reasonable amount of money. A worthy investment, indeed.
A custom fitted truck cover can provide the maximum amount of protection for your pick up. Know what a truck cover can do before purchasing one; buy through an online wholesaler and save big.